A Guide to Prepare Interior Walls for Painting Like a ProJanuary 23, 2024
Opting for Painters Near Me and The Hidden PerksJanuary 27, 2024
Unlocking What Kitchen Cabinet Painting Cost
So you’re curious about how much kitchen cabinet painting costs? The price tag depends on three main things: who does it, how they do it, and the coating they use. Your kitchen cabinets are vital; you want them to look their best, but not all companies are equal. In Cleveland, Ohio, stylish kitchen cabinet transformations are gaining popularity.
The Essentials: What Influences Cabinet Painting Costs
Costs vary between painting contractors—ranging from $60 to $225 per piece—based on their experience, process, and products. Customized cabinets are in demand, but do they match your decor taste? Many factors go into choosing a Google search for a cabinet painter near me.
Cabinet Cost Factors: Cabinet Details
Determining the Cost of painting your kitchen cabinets involves considering specific details such as the number of doors, drawers, wood type, and additional elements like open shelves, glass doors, and unique storage features. Each detail influences the overall complexity of the project, impacting both pricing and the duration of your kitchen cabinet transformation.
What to Expect: Factors for Comparison
Consider these three main factors if you’re wondering about the Cost of painting kitchen cabinets. Your cabinets deserve the best, and informed decisions lead to a stunning kitchen transformation.
Three Factors to Kitchen Cabinet Painting Cost
- Contractor Differences: Prices range, so choose wisely.
- Process Variety: kitchen cabinet painting Cost Understand the methods used for painting.
- Quality of Coating: Ensure they meet standards for kitchen use.
The contractor significantly influences pricing.
- Owner Operators
- Companies with W2 employees
- Sole operators with a helper
- Businesses that use subcontractors
- Painting Franchises
- Organized Processes
- Property & People Insurance
The coating is used on the kitchen cabinets.
- High-End Certified Coatings: Coatings meeting Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association (KCMA) standards for durability and performance, ensuring a long-lasting and resilient finish.
- UV-Cured Paints: Cured with ultraviolet light, providing a durable and smooth finish with quick curing.
- Epoxy Paint: Extremely durable and resistant to stains, suitable for high-traffic areas.
- Alkyd Paint: An oil-based alternative with faster drying times and less yellowing.
- Acrylic Paint: Water-based like latex, but with added durability and flexibility.
- Oil-Based Paint: Durable and provides a smooth finish, but has a longer drying time and a more pungent odor.
- Chalk Paint: This creates a matte, vintage look and requires minimal surface preparation.
- Latex Paint: Water-based and dries quickly, suitable for cabinets with minimal wear.
- Milk Paint: Water-based, creates a distressed look, and is environmentally friendly.
Different Ways You Can Paint Cabinets
- Entire Spray Refinish On Site
- Uninstall them, refinish and reinstall
- Mask kitchen and spray onsite
- spray doors in a shop
- brush and roll cabinet boxes
- Brush and roll cabinet doors and boxes
As you can see, there are quite a few options, so the pricing varies. There are many combinations you can use to complete a cabinet project. Here are the three we offer, with thoughts of a fourth option coming soon for the D.I.Y.s. More details about the processes are below.
- We spray all surfaces with KCMA-certified paint to obtain a factory finish.
- We spray your doors, brush, and roll the boxes with a Urethane Enamel.
- Brush and Roll everything to reduce cabinet painting expenses
- Possible D.I.Y. – you do the boxes with tools and guidance provided, and we spray the doors.
Every cabinetry makeover cost will differ because of the above choices and options. But there are many other combinations others might use. These are the best options for everyone.
How can you know what your kitchen will cost?
We should look at what is important to you, which will help you choose what option to look into.
If the main concern is durability, you should use a KCMA coating. They are tested against staining, moisture, hot, cold,
You like to change things, so you will want to change them again soon. You may want to go with a standard high-end coating applied by hand.
You want a dark navy, black, or other very dark or bright color. It would be best if you went with quality paint, or the product may not cure properly because of all the color in the paint.
You are trying to improve the home look to get it looking its best. You can go with the lower-end coatings to save money.
You plan to remove and replace the cabinets in 3-5 years. You might opt for a lower-cost project since it won’t need to last forever. Most of these products will stay if you are easy on your cabinets.
You will have to decide what is the most important to you and what is your budget. But do not forget to consider the Cost of replacing the cabinets if the coating or process they use fails. It usually is 5 to 10X the amount to paint the cabinets.
Don’t let them skip the cleaning, no matter the cabinet color cost savings.
You will only have good results with attention to the prep work, mainly cleaning and rubbing the wood surfaces. You can use the best coatings available, but with cleaning, they will bond to the surface and succeed if they look decent.
Preparing your kitchen is vital.
Here are 13 steps and things to look for when speaking with a cabinet painter near me.
- Air Scrubber/Negative Air Machine
- Waterproof barrier on floors
- masking walls
- covering cabinet openings
- protecting ceilings
- shielding appliances
- cleaning for a smooth surface
- Quality Check
- Background Checked Employees
- Online Reviews
- Social Media Presence
- B.B.B. Accredited
- Local Community Groups
Kitchen Cabinet Painting Pricing Per Door and Drawer
This is how we price cabinets and how most contractors start with how many door and drawer faces your kitchen has, with some other factors involved. When using this method of pricing kitchen cabinets for customers, we can be consistent with our three different options.
So how much will my kitchen cost? For us to do it, $125-200 per piece is where projects range, and the average-sized kitchen usually is around 2000-6500. It is typically 10-20% of the Cost of refacing or replacing. Depending on your choice of our processes.
Wood Cabinet Painting Pricing by the square foot
Some painting companies charge $15 to $40 per square foot of cabinet space you want to paint. Suppose you hire a professional cabinet painter to carry out your project for you. You can expect that if you have 200 square feet of kitchen cabinets, you should have a budget of between $3,000 and $8,000.
The Cost still has a broad price range because painting kitchen cabinets can be very complex to do a detailed job. The lower end of the pricing would include painting them by hand and leaving lots of brush and roller marks on your cabinets. However, this will not look like a 100% cabinet refinishing spray job as we prefer; if done correctly, it can give you a factory-quality finish.
Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing, Cabinet Painting in Brunswick, Ohio, Lots of preparation, and four coats make for a nice, even sheen. 👀 Our HEPA air scrubber helps remove contaminants from the home through a window. Our onsite kitchen cabinet refinishing can be done in as little as 4-5 days.
What would it cost to D.I.Y. paint your cabinets?
Some other factors can elevate the costs of painting your kitchen cabinets. What type of finish do you want to achieve? That is the question. Most homeowners complete D.I.Y. projects out of a home supply box store. This can be ok, depending on your plans for the cabinets in the future. But most homeowners find that after they complete a D.I.Y. cabinet painter project in, say, a bathroom. They quickly decided not to use that product on their kitchen cabinets because it was much more work than expected.
- The paint you use also determines or adds to the cost estimations. The paint and primer Cost is between $100 and $500 on average—mainly the lower end for DIY’ers.
- Regarding cabinet painting supplies and equipment, they can range from $200 to $3000—the lower for hand painting and the higher for spray painting. The additional costs for spraying could include dry racks, masking plastic, masking paper, tape, floor coverings, air scrubbers, sprayers, and other equipment.
- It is essential to check the prices and adjust your budget accordingly. The total Cost for replacing ruined cabinets should be understood when deciding to do any cabinet painting D.I.Y. project, as they could peel and look worse later on.
Use a kitchen cabinet painter near me who has a reputation for cabinets.
To get the best results, you should find someone known for Kitchen Cabinet Painting that you can do some research on before even calling them. For instance, our website has info about us and cabinet refinishing. You can also research Kitchen Cabinet Painters on social media and see what real people say about them or if they are even on there.
You want your kitchen to look modern and stylish. So, choosing the right painting company is as important as your desired color. So make sure to find the best painters you can. Then, you can worry about what is essential and decide what color to paint your kitchen cabinets.
There are many colors to choose from, but the most popular is still a shade of white. Other popular kitchen colors are charcoal black, dark gray, pure white, off-white, and light green. Some people also prefer brown. The choice of color does not allow you to make an informed decision – however, the brand of the product does. Lastly, choosing a high-end painting that will give you the best cabinet finish possible would be best.
Custom Finishes For Kitchen Cabinets
We have not even touched on specialty finishes; some of the processes could double the Cost of a cabinet painting project.
– Adds depth and dimension to the finish.
– Highlight details and contours.
– Typically applied over painted or stained surfaces.
– Requires skilled application for desired effects.
– Creates an aged or worn appearance.
– Achieved through techniques like sanding, denting, or scraping.
– Adds character and a rustic feel.
– Balance is critical to prevent overdoing the distressed look.
– Includes techniques like crackling, antiquing, or faux finishes.
– Offers unique and customized appearances.
– Requires expertise for consistent and appealing results.
– Can be tailored to complement specific design styles.
Sealing and Protection:
– Essential step to enhance durability.
– Options include clear coats, polyurethane, or lacquer.
– Protects against moisture, stains, and wear.
– Selection depends on the chosen finish and intended use.
Preparation is Key:
– Proper surface preparation ensures better results.
– Sanding, priming, and cleaning are crucial steps.
– Enhances adhesion and longevity of the finish.
– Professional preparation yields professional results.
Professional vs. D.I.Y.:
– Complex finishes may require professional expertise.
– D.I.Y. feasible for more straightforward projects like basic painting or staining.
– Professional touch ensures precision and consistency.
– Choose based on project complexity and desired outcome.
The Picky Painters Cabinet Refinishing Pricing
We price cabinets by how many door and drawer faces they have, with other factors involved. When using our methods of painting kitchen cabinets for customers, we have three options depending on the situation and cabinets.
When using the high-end finish on your kitchen cabinets, everyone feels like a hero in your home. They will last, or we will fix them.
So, how much will your kitchen cost? For us to do it, $125-200 per piece is where projects range, and the average-sized kitchen usually is around 2000-6500. It is typically 10-20% of the Cost of refacing or replacing. Please start with the lowest price option depending on your choice of our processes below.
Hand Painting Cabinets Costs & Detailed Overview
Choosing this budget-friendly option means your cabinets look fantastic without breaking the bank. It’s the perfect choice when you want your cabinets to shine, providing immediate satisfaction and visual appeal. Imagine the joy and satisfaction you’ll feel every time you step into your kitchen after this affordable transformation. And the best part? You don’t have to worry about a lifetime commitment; it’s about making your space feel great now.
When choosing our hand-painting service for cabinets, we must grasp the meticulous process we adhere to appreciate its actual value. Expect to pay anywhere from 60-135 for hand-painted cabinets. Let’s delve into a detailed breakdown:
Scope of Painting:
– Outside of all cabinets are painted.
– Both sides of doors are painted.
– Drawer panels are masked if not removable; sides of cabinets behind appliances are excluded.
Top Unfinished Part and Underside:
– The top of the cabinets is not painted.
– The bottom of the cabinets is painted.
Caulking and Gaps:
– Doors aren’t caulked due to potential cracking; gaps are addressed only if small.
– Stationary boxes may be caulked for small gaps; significant gaps may not be included unless specified.
Damage Repair and Sanding:
– Existing wood damage is not repaired unless specified.
– Brush marks are not sanded out to maintain the original texture.
– All hardware and doors will be disassembled and reassembled.
– Extra charge for new hardware installation, especially if fitting issues arise.
– Surfaces cleaned with a cleaner and scrub pads.
– Light sanding after primer application.
– 2-3 coats of durable, high-quality coating (P.P.G. Paints Breakthrough satin or Emerald Urethane semi-gloss Trim enamel).
– Boxes and doors may be brushed and rolled onsite.
– Doors may be painted without removal based on cabinet condition and situation.
– New clear bumpers were installed after the door was hung.
Color Options and Durability:
– Standard pricing for a one-color kitchen; extra Cost for a two-toned kitchen.
– Satin or semi-gloss finishes are used for their washability and extreme durability.
– Depending on size, a typical kitchen project takes approximately five days to complete.
– Painting by hand with a Urethane doesn’t involve the KCMA coating, as it may not be suitable for previously painted cabinets or when a more cost-effective option is chosen.
Understanding these details ensures a transparent and successful cabinet painting experience. Feel free to ask for customization or additional services to meet your needs.
Painting the cabinet boxes but spraying the doors Cost
This will typically run more because setup to spread doors is $80-$160 per door/draw face is a reasonable price range.
Advanced Cabinet Refinishing: Elevating Your Kitchen Transformation
When you’re ready to take your kitchen transformation to the next level, our advanced cabinet refinishing process is the way to go. Here’s what makes this method stand out:
Complete Area Protection:
– Where we spray doors will be protected with waterproof floor covering.
– The work area contains plastic covers, ceilings, and a Zip wall system.
HEPA Filtration and Ventilation:
– We employ a HEPA 1000 air scrubber to filter and extract dust and paint particles.
– Movable dry racks and strategically placed door stand vent paint and fumes outside through 12-inch tubes.
– This onsite process typically takes 4-5 days, varying with the project’s size.
– Your kitchen space will be occupied for most of this duration.
– Exterior refinishing includes all cabinet pieces covering both sides of doors and all visible areas.
– Sides of cabinets behind appliances can be included for an extra charge, hand-painted during door installation.
– The top of the cabinets isn’t painted, but the underside is, if feasible, considering items in the way.
Caulking and Repair Approach:
– Cracks on doors are not caulked due to potential issues, but boxes may be caulked for small gaps.
– Existing wood damage is not repaired unless specified during quoting.
Hardware Handling and Cleaning:
– All hardware and doors are disassembled and reassembled.
– Double cleaning, scrubbing, and rinsing of surfaces.
– 1 coat of shellac-based primer ensures good bonding and blocks wood tannin bleeding, followed by two coats of durable coating.
Color Options and Finish:
– Standard pricing for a one-color kitchen; extra Cost for two-toned kitchens.
– Satin sheen is exclusively used for a balanced finish, avoiding excessive shine and texture display.
– Completion typically takes 4-5 days, offering a rapid but thorough transformation.
Embrace the enhanced refinishing process for a kitchen that looks new and reflects a sophisticated upgrade at a fraction of the Cost. Elevate your space with our meticulous attention to detail and advanced techniques.
Complete Spray Process: Elevating Your Space with Affordable Transformation
Embark on a journey of elegance with our complete spray process; this ensures your kitchen undergoes a meticulous transformation. Picture the bliss of entering a kitchen where every detail is refined, and the space exudes sophistication. All this comes at an average cost to paint kitchen cabinets that won’t break the bank.
Complete Area Protection:
– Every surface not being painted, including walls, ceilings, fixtures, and more, receives thorough coverage to protect your space—all achieved within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– We meticulously create a plastic room with Zip walls and plastic to ensure a protected environment and proper ventilation throughout the process.
HEPA 1000 Air Scrubber and Ventilation:
– Our detailed process includes using a HEPA 1000 air scrubber and actively filtering and extracting dust and paint particles to maintain air quality.
– Movable dry racks and a door stand work alongside the air scrubber, venting paint and fumes outside through 12-inch tubes—all part of the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– Depending on the openness of the grain, our onsite process typically takes 4-5 days. We efficiently complete the transformation within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– We understand the importance of your kitchen space, ensuring minimal disruption during the transformation period.
– Exterior refinishing encompasses all visible areas, including both sides of doors and all cabinet pieces, creating an elegant finish well within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– Additional areas, like the sides of cabinets where the fridge covers, can be included for an extra charge, done by hand during door installation, and all this is considered within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
Caulking and Repair Approach:
– Our meticulous approach involves avoiding caulking cracks on doors due to potential issues, yet boxes may be caulked for small gaps—ensuring a flawless finish within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– Existing wood damage repairs not included unless specified during quoting, providing transparency and cost-effectiveness.
Hardware Handling and Cleaning:
– We take care of all hardware and doors, disassembling and reassembling them for a seamless finish—a crucial part of the average Cost of painting kitchen cabinets.
– Your surfaces undergo double cleaning, scrubbing, and rinsing, setting the stage for applying two coats of shellac-based primer and two coats of durable, high-quality KMCA Certified cabinet coating—all within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– New clear bumpers are added after the doors are hung, ensuring a polished and protected result.
Color Options and Finish:
– Our standard pricing covers a one-color kitchen, with an additional cost for two-toned kitchens—all factored into the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– We exclusively use a satin sheen for a balanced finish, avoiding excessive shine and texture display, aligning with the aesthetic preferences within the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
– Completion typically takes 4-5 days, promising a swift yet meticulous transformation—all part of the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets.
Step into a kitchen where sophistication meets affordability—an elegant transformation achieved at the average Cost to paint kitchen cabinets, offering you the kitchen of your dreams without breaking the bank.
Kitchen Cabinet Painting Comparison Checklist:
1. Warranty: Confirm a written 5-year warranty in the contract.
2. Insurance: Verify business liability and workman’s compensation insurance.
3. Experience: Check their experience in cabinet refinishing with reviews.
4. Primer and Coating: Inquire about the number of primer coats and certified cabinet coating.
5. Product Safety: Ensure safe, non-explosive products; ask about measures taken.
6. Transportation: Confirm professional storage of cabinet pieces in your kitchen.
7. Written Process: Look for a detailed process outlined in the contract and a customer guide.
8. Subcontractors: Clarify if employees or subcontractors are used; watch for quality materials.
9. Background Checks: Ensure employees have passed criminal background checks.
10. Oak Grain: Discuss the process for sealing oak grain without excessive product thickness.
11. Spraying in-house: Inquire about containment measures for overspray and fumes.
Find out more @ thepickypainters.com.
We keep it Clean, Professional, Protected, and Fully Insured.