Pay range: $22.50 to $27.00 per hour
The first job of the Crew Lead Painter to bring the job in on budget, with a happy customer who will recommend our firm, and also you as a Painter. To participate in all activities related to the accomplishment of specific jobs. Must be able to perform all duties noted in the job description, attend all production and safety meetings, and adhere to all safety rules and common sense safe-working practices.
Reports to Foreman, Lead Painter, or Owner. Painters will help to supervise and train apprentices and trainees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must understand project sequencing, complete project reports, and seek clarity where necessary
- Must understand project budget and set daily production targets for crew
- Must be able to manage and communicate effectively with other employees and customers
- Must do a Pre-job walk-through and proper closing of jobs
- Must know and implement The Picky Painters Procedures
- Must demonstrate consistent, safe work habits.
- Must keep a clean appearance, organized and clean vehicle, customer friendliness
- May need to work on one job site and manages other painters as needed at other sites
- Must perform all functions of the apprentice: site prep, masking, surface prep & cleaning.
- Must teach these functions to new apprentices & trainees.
- Must be proficient in advanced surface prep & patching techniques.
- Must be proficient in texture tools & techniques, matching and blending to the adjacent field.
- Must be proficient in brushing, rolling, and basic spraying. Able to paint windows, doors, soffits, fascia, cabinets, and shutters without supervision in a competent timely manner with the highest degree of craftsmanship and in accordance with The Picky Painters Standards.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of job flow, execution, timelines, and project budgets.
- Must be able to teach the proper set-up, clean-up, and use of basic paint sprayers.
- Can paint all surfaces at full Production Rates as per our Procedures
- Must be able to remove wallpaper, backing, and glue without damaging walls excessively
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Perform heavy physical labor
- Climb ladders and scaffolding (must not be afraid of heights)
- Move and utilize up to a 28’ ladder alone for the entire work shift when required. (including all sizes of extension and step type ladders less than 28’)
- Gain access to roofs when necessary
- Erect and work on rolling scaffolding for the entire work shift
- Carry a full 5-gallon container of paint or equivalent weight up and downstairs
- Wear and use respirators when required for particulates
- Bend and reach while preparing and painting surface for the entire work shift
- Follow all instructions from higher-level painters, project managers, and owner
- Work safely and use common sense safe-working practices.
- Learn quickly
- Maintain cooperative working relationships
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Co-workers.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population
- Work in inclement weather, hot, cold, and rain
The customers and our employees expect your very best effort and workmanship at all times. The image of our company is affected by the quality of your efforts. The quality of your efforts will affect customer’s willingness to bring our company back into their home in the future, and their willingness to speak well of us to their family, friends, and co-workers; helping us build long-term relationships. This, in turn, enables us to provide year-round employment to you and all our employees. Each person in our company is depending upon you to take personal responsibility for the job you are assigned. We count on our crews to work as a team to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations and to build our company into an outstanding organization of which we can all be proud.
Are you interested in the Crew Lead Painter position? Fill out the the application here, and we’ll be in touch with more information!