Pay range: $16.00 to $17.00 per hour
Basic Job Scope
The apprentice’s job is to assist in all areas of the painting trade, including applying primer coats, finish coats using a range of different application methods and materials. Performing cleaning, preparation, and paint application. You will be required to work on interior painting, cabinet refinishing, and exterior painting projects. Must maintain a clean appearance and customer friendliness
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist higher-level painters in the preparation of all surfaces interior and exterior, proper cleaning and surface preparation, site preparation, masking, and material usage.
- Assist higher-level painters in the painting of all surfaces interior and exterior, correct coating methods, and material use. Assist in brush and roller painting in water-based, oil-based, and shellac-based materials.
- Clean and maintain all painting equipment, including brush, rollers, sprayers, pumps, learn how they operate, and proper set-up.
- Safely store and label all materials
- Erect scaffolding, ladders, and accessories as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes and standards
- Read and understand work orders, the project scope, and safety instructions.
- Must use Tsheets to clock into projects and use monday.com to view work orders
Employment standards and Ability to
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Perform heavy physical labor
- Climb ladders and scaffolding (must not be afraid of heights)
- Move and utilize up to a 28’ ladder alone for the entire work shift when required. (including all sizes of extension and step type ladders less than 28’)
- Gain access to roofs when necessary
- Erect and work on rolling scaffolding for the entire work shift
- Carry a full 5-gallon container of paint or equivalent weight up and downstairs
- Wear and use respirators when required for particulates
- Bend and reach while preparing and painting surface for the entire work shift
- Follow all instructions from higher-level painters, project managers, and owner
- Work safely and use common sense safe-working practices.
- Learn quickly
- Maintain cooperative working relationships
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Co-workers.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population
- Work in inclement weather, hot, cold, and rain
The customers and our employees expect your very best effort and workmanship at all times.
The image of our company is affected by the quality of your efforts. The quality of your efforts will affect customer’s willingness to bring our company back into their home in the future, and their willingness to speak well of us to their family, friends, and co-workers; helping us build long-term relationships. This, in turn, enables us to provide year-round employment to you and all our employees. Each person in our company is depending upon you to take personal responsibility for the job you are assigned. We count on our crews to work as a team to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations and to build our company into an outstanding organization of which we can all be proud.
Are you interested in the Apprentice Painter position? Fill out our application on the employment page, and we’ll get in touch!