Does Lighting Affect Paint Color Tone?March 1, 2020
Painting tools needed for your exterior painting projectMarch 9, 2020
Outdated colors and faded paint can make the rooms in your house look old and uninviting. The best way to freshen up the living room in your home is with a new coat of paint. Interior painting always determines the “mood” and the beauty of your living space. Fresh living room paint can modernize and enhance the value of your home.
Pricing to Paint a Living Room
The Picky Painters in Berea, Ohio, work on Interior Painting projects and paint Living rooms in Brecksville, Avon, and Grafton to West Cleveland, Ohio. The average size of a living room is 20 ft long by 15 ft wide and 8 ft high. Pricing for this size of a living room would be:
- Walls: $895
- Ceilings: $250
- Baseboards: $155
The estimated price to paint a large living room would be $1300. This price includes two coats on the walls, one on the ceiling, and two on the baseboards.
Our Painting Process
All interior painting jobs require preparation work, painting, clean-up, and more. The first step for any living room project is moving furniture and other items to ensure they aren’t damaged. Then plastic off the furniture if still in the room. Then drop cloths are put down to protect the floor from paint splatters.
Preparation work includes sanding the walls to remove grit or dust, patching any holes or cracks, and sanding rough areas to create a smooth wall surface. These extra steps help ensure that the paint properly adheres to the walls of your living room. Next, a primer is applied to seal the underlying surface, allowing the paint to stick better to the surface. Finally, the new color is used for a rejuvenated and clean look.
Cost Factors for Painting Your Living Room
The overall size of your room is the most significant factor in determining the price of the painting project. The typical ceilings in the area are 8′, but if you have 10 to 14-foot high ceilings, you should expect to pay more. Also, other factors can affect the price you pay to have your living room painted. If your living room has crown molding, chair rails, several windows, wainscoting, or other decorative wood features, there will be additional charges to paint your living room.
Extra Interior Painting Costs
Interior room walls that need multiple coats of paint will be more expensive than regular living room painting projects. If you have a darkly painted room and are changing it into a lighter color of paint, it may require additional coats. Also, different paints take longer to dry between coats, making the project take longer. Some slow-drying oil-based paint can take six to eight hours to completely dry, while latex-based paint typically dries in about one hour.
Contact a Cleveland, Ohio Living Room Painting Company
If you reside in the greater Cleveland area and are interested in painting your living room, contact us today for a free estimate! Please schedule a consultation and learn more about how our interior house painters take pride in their work.
Our Standard Interior Painting Service includes
- All furnishings and floors will be covered and protected, including most walking areas.
- Minor defects in the walls and ceilings are patched and sanded before painting.
- Fill hairline minor wall and ceiling cracks with spackling compound or caulking before being painted over.
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to ensure proper paint adhesion.
- Scrape and sand rough areas due to previous paint failure
- Caulk cracks in wood trim and along with the wall/trim interface when painting both surfaces
- Apply a stain sealer to water and tannin wood stains
- Work areas will be cleaned-up in broom-swept condition, and debris will be taken away
- Upon completion, the leftover paint will be labeled and left at the job site
- Hardware to be removed and reinstalled. Includes curtain rods, not supports, switch plates, and cover plates. Door knobs, thermostats, and alarm systems hardware will not be removed.
- We are happy to move TVs, window blinds, furniture, and other items but are not at fault if items are damaged during the process. We will be as careful as possible when moving any items in your home.